There are reports that someone is selling Photo Geekdom shoutouts on eBay. Photo Geekdom does not have an eBay profile and that seller is in no way associated to this Instagram account.
How to Get Featured on Photo Geekdom
One photo, one fact. That's all you need to contribute to Photo Geekdom.
STEP 1. Mention your IG handle (user name) in the subject.
STEP 2. Attach the photo.
STEP 3. Provide an interesting fact (or photography tip) related to the photo. Mention the site or publication you derived it from.
STEP 4. Send it to email@example.com.
What increases my chances of getting featured?
An amazing photo with a unique fact gives you the greatest chance to be featured.
What else can I do?
1. Follow Photo Geekdom (@photogeekdom), and tag all your photos to #photogeekdom.
2. Give meaty comments on the PG feed. If we see you posting meaningful comments regularly, we tend to remember you. "Nice!" "Great shot!" are always appreciated, but it would mean a lot more if you add in your own opinion or personal experience about the topic. Adding in a unique info about the current PG post almost always guarantees we'd have a look at your feed.
Moreover, with thousands of people seeing our posts, your comment already gives you some degree of exposure to begin with. It will never go to waste.
3. Promote PG. If you love what you're seeing on the feed, promote it to your own followers. Photo Geekdom is all about learning, discovery and fun. We are genuinely committed to sharing great pictures and knowledge.
4. Always tag your photos to #photogeekdom. Once in a while, a random photo is picked from those tagged under this account. You could get lucky.
5. Like constantly. We visit our Statigram stats regularly and we know who's giving us the most likes. The top 20 likers always get an edge.
6. New! Share and comment on articles on ronixus.com.
Once you notice the Photo Geekdom account giving you likes and comments on your feed, you're already under consideration. If you're selected, you will receive a message providing you the instructions on how to proceed further.